For polymer clay cane makers “lace” is a type of cane. Often it’s a bullseye cane reduced and recombined to achieve an effect that is lace like. The picture above shows an orchid style flower I made this summer with a lace cane used in the petals. The following tutorials show examples of making lace canes.
- Desiree McCrorey’s Lace Cane Tutorial
- PolymerClayCentral’s Lace Cane
- Faux Fossilized Agatized Coral I never got my attempt to look like the example but always ended up with the neatest pieces anyways…
With the upcoming Valentines Day and the focus on sweet, romantic pieces I could totally see a candy pink heart with a lace cane design.
- Monday Mosaic: Polymer Clay Lace
- Rock On! Polymer Clay Faux Inspirations
- Simple Candy Cane… Cane Tutorial
- Don’t You Just Love Polymer Clay?
- Tutorial: Candy Cane Necklace