I realize the official first day was 2 weeks ago or so but the first big show of my fall season was this weekend and the mornings were particularly chilly – almost frosty! The rest of the polymer clay world …
I had the fortune, on Saturday, to visit the Mini Maker Faire in Calgary, my hometown. Created by Make Magazine (or sponsored? inspired by?) the Maker Faires are a series of events all around the world that are a combination …
Check out what’s going on around the polymer clay blogosphere:
- There’s a giveaway for a beginner’s e-book at feltingandfiber. Check it out!
- Help PCC out and vote in the July challenge
- Considering entering your piece in the Art Bead
A little of what is going on in the clay world:
- The ArtBeadScene’s monthly challenge closes soon – it’s a great opportunity to show of your clay skills if you’re a clayer who makes beads and jewellery pieces
- The voting
I’m a little late writing about this because Katie has been knee deep in the Friesen Project for ages now but late to the party or not, here’s the deets:
In a nutshell it’s 52 weeks spent devouring Christi Friesen’s
A little of what’s caught my eye out in the clay world this week:
- PolymerClayCentral has changed up their themes for their monthly challenges – you now have two options each month
- If you were thinking of attending Synergy,
- On PCC have a vote in the challenge for October and look up the themes for next month so you can participate
- The IPCA is currently accepting entries for the 2012 Progress and Possibilities. You can check it all out
- PolymerClayCentral’s monthly challenge needs your votes. Have a peek!
- The ArtBeadScene’s monthly challenge is a good opportunity to get your work seen by a ton of beady peeps. If you’re a clayer who makes art beads and jewellery, give
Have a peek at what a few of the guilds in clay world are up to:
- The 2nd Annual OK Poly-Clay Twisters Retreat runs next week, April 19-21. They’re still taking registrations if you’re interested!
- The Columbus Polymer Clay Guild
I get asked by my students on and offline how to improve their polymer clay work and I can honestly say swaps and challenges are great for this! They give you a structured area to work in and a timeline. …
Here’s a quick little peek into what folks are up to with their clay and the upcoming Easter holiday:
- Susan rounded up some fabulous Easter clay finds from Artfire on her blog
- A couple of good posts about Easter crafts
While I’m digging around in my own little clay corner, the clay world kept on doing interesting things. Here’s just a few:
- If you had the chance to vote in the PCAGOE March challenge, they’ve posted their winners right here
Out in the polymer clay universe I live in:
There’s a last day or two to enter this month’s PCC challenge. There are prizes every month
Boo’s Jewellery talks about revisiting her polymer clay. Fabulous visit!
Christine Damm …
- Over at the IPCA they’re taking proposals for the next Synergy event, scheduled in February 2013
- The voting wrapped up at the monthly PCAGOE challenge and the winners are posted. Are you there?
- On the Smoosher’s blog, they’re showing