The bigger the bracelet the better this season. With polymer clay you can add volume without weight. Here is a collection of some bracelets from flickr to get your creative gears turning.

Polymer clay can stand on it’s own as a bangle, in tiles for a large cuff, pair up with other beads, as a focal or dangles.  You can’t go wrong with a little polymer around the wrist.

A few bracelet tutorials:

Here is a cuff bracelet project

A wire bangle tutorial

And a wire wrapped dangle bracelet

Flickr photo credits:
1. spiral bracelet, 2. DSCN2130, 3. Yellow Rose Garden Mucha, 4. Cab bracelet–skull, 5. Polymer bracelet, 6. bracelet breloques, 7. Turquoise Feather-cane Bracelet, 8. P1010062, 9. Bead embroidered cuff, garnet colorway, 10. Translucent Layered Polymer Cuff, 11. Untitled, 12. jingle bangle, 13. armreifen bangle, 14. Tree Cuff Bracelet, 15. Pulsera All-Sorts

Created with fd’s Flickr Toys.

Click on the photo to see the image larger or on the links to see an individual photo.

By heather powers

Comments

8 Comments so far

1. Lisa Clarke on June 19, 2008 5:44 am

I’ve really been in the mood to try and make a few bangles lately – this may be just the push I need! I love #12, especially.

2. Cindy Lietz, Polymer Clay Tutor on June 19, 2008 6:36 pm

Me too Lisa! I just love the shape and colors of #10, though I would be thrilled to have anyone of them on my wrist!

3. The Crafty Princess Diaries » Crafty Bloggers Unite 06/20/08 on June 20, 2008 6:31 am

[...] Polymer Clay @ Craftgossip.com Bangles, cuffs and dangles – it’s a plethora of polymer clay bracelets! [...]

4. gudrun on November 14, 2008 2:40 pm

ohhh – my bangle – thanx – but i saw that quite yet!!! i’m a fan of bangles – i love to wear them so i often produce tehm!

5. Shannon Stallard on September 10, 2009 4:17 am

I made a cuff & it broke right away. I don’t c how these cuff bracelets can b sturdy enough 2 wear everyday. I used Premo too, soooooo. It was at least 1/4″ thick, Maybe I need 2 put it on a metal base. What cha think?

6. Cindy on October 12, 2009 8:14 pm

I don’t know if this is allowed here, but I wanted to let you all know that we sell aluminum cuff blanks at http://www.beadwork-supplies.com; ALOT of folks are using them with polymer clay! If this is deemed inappropriate to comment, please remove or disregard….not meaning to offend anyone with an advertisement, just genuinely want to help….Cindy

7. Ryann on July 23, 2011 7:19 pm

I have found that baking my polymer clay cuffs on the cuff blanks is very helpful.

8. vanessa dickinson on June 25, 2012 7:28 am