Fingerprints are the bane of my existence.Â I spend a lot of time sanding and buffing my beads to smooth away the offending marks. Each time I think, “why didn’t I just take aÂ minute to get rid of these fingerprints before I put my beads in the oven.Â ”Â
A few ways I minimize fingerprints on my polymer clay creations.Â
1. Use cornstarch – a little on the palm of my hand before I roll beads does wonders.
2. Use my finger to gentle rub against the fingerprint to smooth it out.
3. I use my acrylic dowel to roll over a bead to smooth out any rough spots.
Want more?Â Clever blogger, Mossy Owl has posted 10 ten ways to reduce fingerprints.
[tags]polymer clay, tips, diy, crafts[/tags]
- Quick Tip – Reducing Fingerprints 2
- Low-Tech Tools
- Artist Spotlight – Janice Abarbanel
- Clay Going Ons
- Pasta machine reviews